Evangelical Friends churches of Latin America number approximately 500 organized congregations, and about 500 additional worship groups. We exist in Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Cuba, Bolivia and Peru.
There are other Spanish-speaking Friends churches in the United States and Canada.
Among our purposes are to cultivate Friends identity and unity, to obey the Great Commission of the Lord Jesus which includes evangelism, cross-cultural missions, leadership development, Christian fellowship, and the teaching of biblical doctrine.
December 8-13, 1999 we celebrated the First Latin American Friends Pastors’ Conference in Chiquimula, Guatemala, with the participation of 300 persons. A second such conference is scheduled for Bolivia in the year 2002.
EFI Latin America
The Evangelical Churches Friends of Latin America are approximately 500 organized groups and another 500 non-organized groups. We are located in the following countries: Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Cuba, Bolivia and Peru. In addition there are other Spanish-speaking groups in the United States and Canada.
We basically believe:
1. In the Trinity of God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
2. In the Deity of Jesus Christ our Lord.
3. In the plenary Inspiration of the Holy Scriptures.
4. In the fall of man and the moral deprevation of humanity.
5. In God’s judgment on sinners and eternal torture for those who finally reject Jesus Christ.
6. In the justification of sinners by faith in Jesus Christ in the blood that He shed on the cross.
7. In the sanctification of believers by the work of the Holy Spirit.
8. At the soon coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9. That the evangelization of the world must be the supreme mission of the people of God in this age.
Our objectives, among others, are to cultivate the unity and identity of the Church, to fulfill the Great Commission of our Lord Jesus Christ which includes: evangelism, missions, leadership development, communion and biblical doctrine.
From December 8 to 13, 1999, we held the First Pastoral Conference at the Latin American level, in the City of Chiquimula, Guatemala, with the participation of 300 people. The second we have agreed to carry out in 2002 in Bolivia.